THE WEST COAST
48 Gracillaria Cresent
PO Box 18
GPS: 032°59'42'' S : 017°58'23'' E
DIRECTIONS FROM CAPE TOWN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Take the N2 towards Cape Town.
- Take the off-ramp to the M7 (N7), direction Malmesbury. The first part of the N7 is called the M7.
- Follow the N7 until you reach the M19 to Melkbos.
- Go towards Melkbos until you reach a four-way robot (R27).
- Take a right and follow R27 to Veldrift.
On your way to Saldanha Bay, which is about an hour's drive from Melkbos, you drive past some interesting places like the Koeberg Power Station, the one and only Nuclear Power Station in South Africa. You will also pass Darling, a small village renowned for their wild flower show in spring and the West Coast National Park and the private game park Buffelsfontein.
At the West Coast 1 Stop, an Engen petrol station, you are getting close to your destination. Past the station you take the second turning left towards Saldanha. From there you pass Saldanha Steel on your left, the only environmentally friendly steel plant in South Africa. The signs to Blue Bay Lodge are at the next turnoff left. From there just follow the signs.